Friday, July 1, 2011

It is Well...

We are still waiting for Alex to go into surgery. According to Dr. Devine's nurse practitioner, his first surgical case is taking more time than originally anticipated.

Yesterday, as I was leaving the hospital, the song "It is Well with My Soul" was playing on the radio. Peace surrounded my heart as I listened. The whole hymn is a great one, but these beginning words seemed to resonate the most-

"When peace, like a river, attendeth my way
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul"
...
"...though trials should come,
Let this blessed assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed his own blood for my soul."

Here's one version by Chris Rice...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPPSG_SpojY

What a great hymn. We have an awesome small group at our church and one of the ladies who is a part of that group is a singer with a beautiful voice. She sang "Give me Jesus" at our last meeting as a prayer for Alex and I. It was awesome. As I listened to this song yesterday, I couldn't help but hear her voice singing as if she was right there with us. Thank you, Vernia.

Thank you again for all of your prayers. Maybe we should add strength, focus and discernment for Dr. Devine and his team since it sounds like Alex will be following an unanticipatedly complicated case.

We will keep you updated as to when he heads into surgery.
Love to you all!

No comments: