Just a little update on my last two trips to Mayo.
At the end of June we went up to Mayo to see my doctors due to my Crohn's flaring up after surgery. The main reason for discussion was a spot around my stoma with my colorectal surgeon and to discuss possible treatment options with my GI doctor due to the belief that Remicade was not working. I felt horrible leading up to this trip but a mini-vacation to Colorado helped to relieve some of this. My GI put me on a prednisone taper to help relieve the symptoms which it did. For three weeks I've wanted to eat everything in sight but most importantly have felt a lot better and had increased energy. Gena might say that prednisone makes me a little moody at times :) .We scheduled appointments for July 17th to establish a baseline of where my Crohn's is after the surgery and to see if Remicade was working still.
We returned home from Mayo late last night. I was encouraged by our appointment with my GI doctor. Definitely areas that need to be looked at our getting my body to absorb more iron and to try to increase my albumin. We decided together to pursue a different treatment plan which Gena and I expected going up there. We are switching to ENTYVIO (vedolizumab)which targets another source of inflammation in the gut. Thank you all for keeping us in your prayers.