Friday, July 3, 2009

Drinking, Walking and Sleeping

The doctor okayed liquids into Alex's diet. So far he has had an orange popsicle and some water and continues to do great! He's slept quite a bit this morning, but did go on a long trip out of bed and into the hallway this morning. Once he gets out of bed, he does pretty well. It's just the rolling over and pushing up to sit and then stand that's still a little tough. Dr. Geisler says he is not concerned with his high heart rate and thinks it's b/c of excess fluid throughout his body and will resolve as he heals, starts back his TPN and becomes more active. We'll hopefully move soon to a colorectal floor, but I have no doubt that we are right where we need to be for right now. :)

5 comments:

Abbey said...

I am glad that you can have liquids now and I bet you are too. Oh gatorade how I love thee. : )

I won't post anything tomorrow because I will be at the lake so don't forget that I love you!

Happy 4th of July!!!

I love you all!!

pcokie crownover said...

Gena thank you for writing and keeping all of us (that can't be there for you) up-to-date. Tell Alex, just one step at a time. Healing is coming and to keep his eye on the horizon. I have my colonscopy next week and I will be celebrating popsicles with him (ha). Please know my prayers continue and that you continue to sense God's comfort and peace. Love you....

Unknown said...

Sounds like healing is going well Don't you just love popsicles!! Have a great 4th, Love to you both

Sarah Wilcher said...

Gena,
Tell Alex hello from his Alternacare friends. I am so glad to hear how he is doing.
Don't forget to take care of yourself. Drink lots of water, breathe deeply and take some time to get out and be alone.

Sarah

Anonymous said...

Gena, I have been reading your posts today and getting caught up as I had eye surgery on the 1st and reading has been challenging.
I was thinking about what a 'God thing' it was for me to find Cleveland Clinic for me, but am thinking it was a journey He wanted me to take so that you and Alex would be able to make your journey there also. Isn't it marvelous the way He takes care of all of the details of our lives everyday even when we do not have any idea He is paving our way for His will later on. I will continue to keep Alex and you in my prayers and know our heavenly Father has His arms wrapped tight around you and angels are all around you.
Have a Blessed Fourth.
Jeanie Dale-Joecks